Why Does Nobody Read My Brochure?
Written by Matt Berringer
February 7, 2022
There’s a wealth of content competing for our attention these days. One of the most effective but often misunderstood marketing tools is the online brochure. Many readers skip these resources expecting boring content or simply skim for a few seconds and move on to the next company.
Thankfully, it’s possible to avoid the common mistakes and push the boundaries of brochures far beyond a generic marketing message with colorfulness and creativity. The nxtbook and PageRaft platforms make it possible to create interactive brochures that can capture your audience’s attention.
Nxtbook Media has created this walkthrough guide to help you avoid the common pitfalls of brochures and teach you how to create engaging brochures for your customer base.
Most Common Mistakes Businesses Make
There are many examples of mistakes on brochures because it’s a difficult skill to master. The writer and graphic designer need to get to the heart of your company in a tight space. Here are a few examples of common brochure mistakes:
- Self-centeredness: Selfish brochures brag that the company is the best in the industry and blow the competition away. This kind of speech has become synonymous with coffee shops that claim to have the world’s best coffee.
- Over-explaining: This happens when the brochure writer places too much focus on the wrong topics. For example, a brochure for a party planning service typically shouldn’t list every type of napkin and paper plate set available.
- Redundancy: A brochure becomes redundant when companies recycle written content and images from their website. This idea frustrates most users and can cause search engines like Google to flag your content as a duplicate.
- Using PDFs: While it is convenient for companies to publish a PDF on their website. PDFs can be hard to read on mobile devices. Many visitors simply won’t bother trying to pinch and zoom their way through a digital brochure.
Can a Brochure Still Help?
A brochure is an outstanding tool that companies can use to capture attention and encourage the audience to take action in a short space. An interactive digital brochure can serve as a quick overview of your company and excite the reader about your vision and products or services.
There are several insider tips you can use to create engaging brochures:
- Minimalist design: Typically, the design should be simple, with large images, bright colors and minimal text. The brochure design should make your audience feel curious and want to flip through the pages out of interest rather than obligation.
- Powerful copy: The written word is an impactful tool in a brochure. Pair each headline with just enough information to prompt your user to take action, like making a phone call or requesting a quote.
- Responsiveness: Digital platforms like nxtbook and PageRaft can add audio, video, and animations to make your brochure come to life. Based on an internal study at Nxtbook Media, these interactive platforms have engaged millions of users for an average of 7 minutes and 29 seconds per visit.
Revolutionize Your Marketing Brochures With nxtbook Interactivity Today
The nxtbook and PageRaft platforms will help you create, launch and host an interactive marketing brochure experience for your clients. nxtbook is ideal if you want to take an existing brochure digital, while PageRaft is perfect for building a responsive experience from the ground up.
Ready to see the Nxtbook difference for yourself? Connect with our team online for a free demo and start your journey toward marketing brochure engagement.