With its headquarters in Lancaster, PA, Nxtbook Media partners with publishers and businesses to provide innovative digital publishing solutions that attract and engage readers.
Nxtbook Media is looking for a mid-level DevOps Engineer to join our team. We are looking for a reliable, passionate, and team-oriented individual to help our dev team convert our infrastructure into software systems for managing that infrastructure with code, make sure we’re getting our money’s worth out of AWS, and preserve our precious uptime percentage.
We don’t expect you to do all of that by yourself. Our development and infrastructure teams are invested in the problem and will be working alongside you. What we want from you is the practical knowledge of how to keep websites with tens of millions of requests per month healthy, enthusiasm for turning that knowledge into automated processes, and a desire to become our in-house AWS expert.
As a core member of the product development team, you will be the bridge between development and IT, and work with both teams to shepherd our products into a new phase of infrastructure management.
- Drive the migration of existing infrastructure to Infrastructure as Code
- Facilitate communication between the infrastructure and development teams
- Monitor servers and offer recommendations to improve stability and performance
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Understand how our products interact with AWS and offer recommendations on improvements and best practices.
- Respond to server issues and apply fixes as needed in order to preserve uptime
- Deep familiarity with Linux and configuring and supporting web servers (Apache, Nginx)
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical people
- Very adept at troubleshooting problems
- Process automation via programming or shell scripting (Python, bash, PowerShell, Perl, etc)
- Experience working directly with various Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront, IAM, and DynamoDB, etc)
- Database administration (MySQL)
- Source control (git, svn)
- Infrastructure as Code tools (Ansible, Docker, Salt, Puppet, Nix, etc)
As a member of the Nxtbook team, you’ll receive the following extensive benefits package:
- Competitive Salary
- 401K Plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision on the 1st of the month after you start
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Liberal PTO Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
- A WorldBlu Certified Freedom Based Culture
- Casual Day, Every Day!