Amazon Web Services and Linux Systems Administrator
With its headquarters in Lancaster, PA, Nxtbook Media partners with publishers and businesses to provide innovative digital publishing solutions that attract and engage readers.
Nxtbook Media is looking for an Amazon Web Service and Linux Systems Administrator to join our team. We are looking for a reliable, passionate, and team-oriented individual, who has experience working in a collaborative environment.
As a core member of the IT team, you will be responsible for monitoring and keeping the server infrastructure up and running, researching potential updates and changes, and assisting in planning and implementing IT initiatives.
- Amazon Web Services and Linux Systems Administration
- Manage firewalls, networks, server logs, and storage
- Assist in planning for disaster recovery and backup
- Maintain network and data security
- Maintain software updates on all systems
- Monitor servers and offer recommendations to improve stability and performance
- Collaborate with developers to bring new features and services into production
- Respond to server issues and apply fixes as needed in order to preserve uptime
- Desktop/Server Support
- Assist in supporting the Nxtbook office physical IT infrastructure and employee equipment
- Deep familiarity with Linux and supporting LAMP stacks
- Experience with firewall, network, DNS, email administration
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (particularly EC2, S3, RDS, CloudFront, IAM, and DynamoDB), G Suite, Cisco, VLANs, VoIP a plus
- Maintain purchasing network of vendors based on quality and price
- Proficient with Mac and Windows operating systems
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical people
- Very adept at troubleshooting problems
As a member of the Nxtbook team, you’ll receive the following extensive benefits package:
- Competitive Salary
- 401K Plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision on the 1st of the month after you start
- Life Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability
- Liberal PTO Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Casual Day, Every Day!
To find out more about Nxtbook Media, visit our website at www.nxtbookmedia.com
Interested candidates should submit their resume and salary history to email@example.com.